[mythtv-users] Bizarre recording error trying to put recording in root directory

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 12:32:34 UTC 2021

Hoi Peter,

> On 4/19/21 12:02 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>> Hoi Peter,
>>
>> Monday, April 19, 2021, 5:43:23 PM, you wrote:
>>
>>> One recording today failed. It has this in the log
>>>    rec->GetPathname(): '/3930_20210419070000.ts'
>>> and then cannot write to the file.
>>
>>> Peter
>> Does your system log mention any filesystem related errors?
>>

>> Tot mails,
>>    Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
>>
> This happened again, and it seems to have been caused by a database
> problem. A string of "Unable to connect to database" occurred before
> this. It happened after a suspend and resume, and the IP address had not
> yet been re-assigned by DHCP. I have now changed the config.xml to use
> localhost instead of the Ethernet ip address. Hopefully this will solve it

> Peter

Things to consider if it happened right after a resume:
 - Is the filesystem the recording should be happening on dismounted
   on suspension and remounted again on resume. This can be set for
   especially network filesystems.
 - What nic do you have. Especially Realtec can get unstable. I then
   see syslog entries about promiscuous mode. I have never really
   investigated it, I just replaced with another brand.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop