[mythtv-users] Bizarre recording error trying to put recording in root directory

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 12:17:11 UTC 2021

On 4/19/21 12:02 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi Peter,
>
> Monday, April 19, 2021, 5:43:23 PM, you wrote:
>
>> One recording today failed. It has this in the log
>>    rec->GetPathname(): '/3930_20210419070000.ts'
>> and then cannot write to the file.
>
>> Peter
> Does your system log mention any filesystem related errors?
>

> Tot mails,
>    Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

This happened again, and it seems to have been caused by a database
problem. A string of "Unable to connect to database" occurred before
this. It happened after a suspend and resume, and the IP address had not
yet been re-assigned by DHCP. I have now changed the config.xml to use
localhost instead of the Ethernet ip address. Hopefully this will solve it

Peter