[mythtv-users] Deleted Recordings Not Being Removed

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 14:19:39 UTC 2021

On 4/19/21 10:09 AM, Jay Foster wrote:
> On 4/18/2021 8:45 PM, Bill Meek wrote:

>>> Deleted recordings are just no longer being "deleted".  I double checked Setup-> Video -> General -> Time to retain deleted recordings (days):
>>> It is set to 1 (1 day), yet deleted recordings never get deleted.  My HD is nearly full and I have more than 1 TB of undeleted "deleted"
>>> recordings.  How do I make these actually get deleted?
>>> Jay
>> Are there any entries in the output of this: mythbackend --printexpire --quiet
>>
>> If so, then see if Allow Recordings to Auto-expire is set in some/all recording
>> rules, especially templates.
>>
> The output of 'mythbackend --printexpire --quiet' produced a list with over 300 recordings.
> I believe that I have always never enabled Allow Recordings to Auto-expire, since I never want any recording to auto expire, only after I
> manually delete it (after watching it).  I do not see what auto expire has to do with not deleting recordings that I selected *delete* for.

Agreed, at least when I delete a recording, it's gone.

The --printexpire output says that at least at some time, you were using
the feature. I have to disagree with:

  *I believe that I have always never enabled Allow Recordings to Auto-expire*

You can look at the recording rule for one or more of the programs
that printed with --printexpire to see if if Auto-expire is set. Or,
you can do this to see all affected rules:

  mysql --host=localhost --user=mythtv --password=FROMconfig.sys --execute "SELECT title FROM record WHERE autoexpire != 0;" mythconverg

Of course, the rule(s) that caused those recordings to use Auto-expire
may have been deleted long ago.

300+ recordings may/may not be enough to fill the 1TB drive ('cause I
don't know the quality/length of the recordings).

I'd try find-orphans.py too. https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Find_orphans.py

--
Bill