[mythtv-users] Remote control setup

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Apr 16 12:01:40 UTC 2021

On 04/15/2021 06:14 PM, Steve Greene wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm trying to tweak the rc6_mce keymap for my system to include the
> underscore key, "_" as the subchannel separator for tuning. I added
> this line, but it doesn't seem to have any effect.
>
>     scancode 0x800f041d = KEY__ (0X14)
>

> I also tried "KEY_UNDERSCORE" also with no results. The remote key in
> question is the * asterisk.  Also wondering if anyone has mapped
> PgUp/PgDn for quickly scrolling through the guide.
>
> Any thoughts?

FWIW, you may not need to waste a remote button on a subchannel
separator.  I'm assuming you're trying to get the separator on the
remote for typing channel numbers into Live TV to directly tune that
channel without using the guide--that's the only situation where I could
imagine actually using the separator key in MythTV.  It used to be and
probably still is--I don't use Live TV, so I'm not positive--that you
can tune a channel in Live TV by typing in the channel/subchannel
numbers without any separator and MythTV will tune the correct channel,
so to get to channel "6_1" you could either send "6_1" or "61".  The
only time you'd have a problem is if you have a channel whose channel
number happens to be identical to a channel whose channel number +
subchannel number--for example channel 61 and channel 6_1.  In that
case, though, you simply need to change the channel number of one or
both of them.

Mike