[mythtv-users] tvmaze -t causing failure in mythmetadatalookup

Simon Kranz smkranz0506 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 11:18:41 UTC 2021

Hello All,

I'm running Mythtv v31 from debian buster backports (deb-multimedia).
I recently updated the metadata settings to use tvmaze for television
and tmdb for movies.
Previously, i had no issues with tvdb and tmdb.
Now i seem to be having troubles with metadatalookup from "recordings".
The metadatalookup job always fails with exit status 128.
I tried to use mythmetalookup with starttime and chanid on a recording
with loglevel debug and -v all and the log shows that it runs both
tmdb3.py and tvmaze.py with "-t" options (selftest) first.
In my case, tvmaze.py -t fails as it says "Failed to import PyTVmaze
library. This should have been included with the python MythTV
bindings."  Then the job exits.
I checked my system and i do in fact have the MythTV/tvmaze/tvmaze_api
files present, but for some reason it fails the import?
If i manually comment out the code in the main tvmaze.py python script
so it doesn't run the selftest, then the overall mythmetadatalookup
scripts seem to work fine.
Obviously, this is not how it's meant to be, can anyone help to debug
this issue?

thanks,