[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: Harmony Hub alternative with actual remote

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 12:36:12 UTC 2021

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 10:29 AM Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:

> With Logitech discontinuing its Harmony line, I was curious if anyone was aware of a Harmony Companion alternative that:

There are a number of alternatives that exist
in the premium "Home Automation" space(*).
If you thought that the higher end Harmony
solutions were expensive, you ain't seen
nothing yet.

And, the software to configure the devices is
typically not supposed to be (by contract)
available to the end user, as you are expected
to request your solution provider to re-program
the solution as necessary (that is the way the
dealers/providers make their ongoing money,
on followup support).

(*) It has been at least five years since I last
looked at the market, but the vendors included
at least control4, creston, elan and urc.  I do
not know the details of their current offerings.