[mythtv-users] Problem with Myth Database

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 18:16:46 UTC 2021

I finally checked into why I was having job queue errors on recordings for
commercial flagging operations.  I saw a lot of errors in mythbackend.log
about the recordedseek table, so I manually ran optimize_mythdb and it
reported:
DBD::mysql::db do failed: Table './mythconverg/recordedseek' is marked as
crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed at /usr/bin/optimize_mythdb
line 38.

I still have multiple gigabytes in / (root), /var, and the multiple /video*
directories, FWIW.  I _do_ have a large backlog of videos to watch when
time permits, so could it be that the table has gotten too big / full for
mysql to handle?

The .TMD file is 2.1G (2209087488),
the  .MYD file is 2.1G (2209887450), and
the  .MYI  file is 2.1G (2147819520).

There's also a .BAK file from 2018 lingering around.  Not sure what that
means, either.

What do I do now?

--
Craig.