[mythtv-users] Mythweb, --noupnp and the status page

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 13:17:41 UTC 2020

On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 7:50 AM James Klaas <jklaas at appalachian.dyndns.org>
wrote:

> > On Thu, 24 Sep 2020 08:32:22 -0400, you wrote:
> >
> >>I recently upgraded mythtv on my Buster server to 30.0 from
> >> deb-multimedia.
> >>
> >>After I got everything sorted out and working to my satisfaction, I
> >>discovered that the status page for my mythweb install would produce a
> >>404 error. After some searching around I found someone who mentioned
> >>removing the "--noupnp" option from mythtvbackend flags was the
> >>culprit:
> >>

> https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3737&p=17926&hilit=noupnp+mythweb#p17926
> >>
> >>However, I don't really want my mythbackend to be running a upnp
> >>server as I rely on other programs for that service.
> >>
> >>Is this a mythtv bug or a packaging bug somehow?
> >>
> >>I didn't see any issues in trac to indicate anyone reported this.
> >>
> >>James
> >
> > Removing -noupnp should only fix it if it was a firewall problem where
> > port 6544 was blocked.  Do you have a firewall running on your Buster
> > server?
>
> I do have a firewall.
>
> > Are there any firewalls between the box where you are
> > accessing mythweb and the Buster server?
>
> I'm accessing from a remote host. I also tried from a browser on the
> localhost and got the same result.
>
> > In your case, is the 404 error from getting pages from mythweb, or do
> > you get a mythweb page with a 404 error displayed inside it where the
> > status fetch from port 6544 failed?
>
> It's the Mythweb page decorations, with a "404 Not Found." under the
> banner.
>
> > Do other mythweb pages load
> > properly?
>
> As far as I can tell, all the other mythweb pages load fine.
>
> > Does this URL work:
> >
> > http://yourBackendHostNameOrIP:6544/Status/GetStatusHTML
> >

> I get a 404 page not found error with --noupnp enabled.
>
> I disabled the firewall and I still get a 404 error when "--noupnp" is
> enabled.

I have been looking for this issue for quite some time James.  Soi glad you
found it and I can confirm the exact behavior.  Mythweb and 6544 both
return nothing with --noupnp enabled (I do not want upnp crap flying around
my network either).

Thanks again for finding this.  I'll enable upnp and just firewall it off
instead of the command line disablement.

-Greg