[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: Powering up remotely

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 16:15:19 UTC 2020

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 7:02 PM jam at tigger.ws <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:

> > On 22 Sep 2020, at 2:13 am, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > 1) Let's say it auto-started but is currently sitting there with some
> "press y to continue" drive/os message. To future proof this, aren't there
> some motherboards that allow you to have remote KVM access through the bios?
>
> There are grub kernel settings
> fsck=force fsck=repair
>
> The logic being either the disk is trashed and saying y or n during fsck
> wont help you, or saying y will fix your disk. In any event (no spinning
> rust) I do noy find fsck obtrusive. Im using EXT4

Thanks to everyone for the input. It'll be a while until back to my system.
It's funny how you dont realize how smooth things were running until
they're not.

Now I'm curious if anyone has ever run a low-powered backup myth that kicks
in if the main one fails to keep the family off their backs.:-) "Why didn't
my show record!!!" :-P