[mythtv-users] Display weirdness

DryHeat122 dryheat122 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 19:54:45 UTC 2020

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020, 3:26 AM Mark Kendall <mark.kendall at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Sep 2020 at 09:00, Stephen Worthington
> <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
> > I have just been fighting a slightly different
> > version of this problem where I do not want any interlaced modes used
> > as when there is onscreen GUI overlaying video output, the GUI part of
> > the display gets distorted by the interlacing.
>
> This shouldn't happen. The display code filters out any modes that are
> interlaced and should ignore them.
>
> Can you post the output from 'mythfrontend -v playback
> --loglevel=debug'. That should show (at startup) what modes are
> available and what are being ignored.
>
> Regards
> Mark

Re previous question, it was when I came back to live tv.  This happened
more than a week ago and I don't think I can find the relevant log
entries.  If it happens again I will get the log entries and post.

TBH this could have also been caused by my driver problems, which I have
now (hopefully) fixed.