[mythtv-users] Best distribution for MythTV

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 13:12:07 UTC 2020

On 01/09/2020 12:43, Paul Gardiner wrote:
> On 01/09/2020 12:34, beppo wrote:

>>> On my el7 box (which I don't use for these builds) these distros are
>>> apparently covered.  Just specifying the  right .cfg could work.
>>>
>>> ls /etc/mock | grep suse
>>> opensuse-leap-15.1-aarch64.cfg
>>> opensuse-leap-15.1-x86_64.cfg
>>> opensuse-leap-15.2-aarch64.cfg
>>> opensuse-leap-15.2-x86_64.cfg
>>> opensuse-tumbleweed-aarch64.cfg
>>> opensuse-tumbleweed-i586.cfg
>>> opensuse-tumbleweed-ppc64.cfg
>>> opensuse-tumbleweed-ppc64le.cfg
>>> opensuse-tumbleweed-x86_64.cfg

>> Hi,
>>
>> you don't need to change your distro, I build my own rpms for OpenSUSE
>> for
>> years now.
>> I use the spec files from the Packman repo and modify it for mythtv-v31.
>>
>> If you are interested, I can share you spec file.
>
> This is excellent. I have a very clear way forward now, and two possible
> sources for spec files.
>
> Thank you so much to all the helpful people that have made comments.

A few more comments:

I mentioned a 'git pull'  That pulls in Gary's latest script.  The
script itself pulls in the packages that it needs for the build.  The
specified .cfg files for el7 or f31 get some packages from the epel
and/or rpmfusion repos.  I don't know what the openSUSE versions of
/etc/mock will provide; you may need more than the base version.