[mythtv-users] Silicon Dust HDHR5-4K

Neil Salstrom salstrom at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 14:43:26 UTC 2020

On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 11:18 AM John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:

> Have you looked at Gary's ExternalRecorder for the HDHR?
> https://github.com/garybuhrmaster/mythhdhrrecorder
>
> That should allow the tuning to work. The audio is still going to be a problem, though.
>
> John

I will look into the ExternalRecorder but I'm not sure this will fix
one of the issues seen.  In the PDX area (and others from what I
understand) both the ATSC 3.0 and ATSC 1.0 get mapped to the same
virtual number.  For example, ATSC 1.0 RF 8 (subchannel 3) gets mapped
to virtual 8.1 KGW.  At the same time, ATSC 3.0 RF 30 (subchannel 3)
gets mapped to virtual 8.1 KGW as well.

In MythTV we'll need to be able to tell it to use Tuner 0 or 1 (the
ATSC 3.0 tuners) to record a show on virtual 8.1 but use the RF 30 if
we want ATSC 3.0.  There will be some challenges to figure out the
logic of tuner selection based on the mix of 1.0 and 3.0 tuners with
the same virtual channel numbers.

At this point, I think there is plenty of time to figure it out as the
recordings are useless without being able to decode the audio!