[mythtv-users] Silicon Dust HDHR5-4K

Neil Salstrom salstrom at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 17:42:16 UTC 2020

On Sun, Oct 25, 2020 at 5:57 AM David Hampton <mythtv at love2code.net> wrote:

> > As far as I know, none of us have ordered one.  I haven't ruled it
> > out but it likely won't be any time soon.
>
> I have a DEV model, but don't have any stations here in the
> Washington/Baltimore area to test the ATSC 3.0 features.
>
> David

I've got the non-dev model and I'm in the PDX area with all the major
stations broadcasting both ATSC 1 and ATSC 3.  If it would help anyone
I could capture some samples of ATSC3.0 broadcasts and supply them for
testing purposes.  I've not been able to get MythTV to tune the ATSC3
signals but I can using VLC.  The biggest issue is the lack of AC-4
audio decoding in FFMpeg.  Video in VLC looks great but lack of audio
is the problem.