[mythtv-users] New intel-graphics-based frontend wont switch frame rates

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Sun Oct 25 12:41:53 UTC 2020

On 24/10/2020 14:14, Paul Gardiner wrote> Fixed! I read that Intel is
pretty much plug and play, so deleted my
> nvidia-generated X config and went with what gets installed by default.
> It now works just fine.
>
> I may need to sort out again how to explicitly load EDID, so as to get
> it to boot cleanly without the AV Receiver turned on, but this setup
> will do for now.
>
> Thanks for the help.

I spoke too soon. Using the default X config has been an improvement, in
that it now often boots correctly, but still it fails at times,
seemingly not to be able to detect the modes, although xrandr does
display them. I've uploaded some logs here, including mythfrontend with
-v playback, as suggested:

	http://download.glidos.net/MythLogsBadFpsSwitching/

The logs show the incomplete information, but I don't see anything there
suggesting why. I wonder if it could be a race.