[mythtv-users] New intel-graphics-based frontend wont switch frame rates

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 13:30:29 UTC 2020

> I may need to sort out again how to explicitly load EDID, so as to get
> it to boot cleanly without the AV Receiver turned on, but this setup
> will do for now.

Here's how I force the EDID :

First grab the edid tools

sudo apt-get install read-edid

Next grab the edid file copy it somewhere in /lib/firmware - I created a
directory there named "edid" so I wouldn't forget later.

sudo get-edid > MYEDID.bin

sudo mkdir /lib/firmware/edid

sudo cp MYEDID.bin /lib/firmware/edid

For example - on my system the file is located here:
/lib/firmware/MYEDID.bin

Next edit /etc/default/grub modifying the "GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT" line
with you edid

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash
drm_kms_helper.edid_firmware=edid/MYEDID.bin"

Note that drm_kms_helper has /lib/firmware on it's path so you just need
the relative path to your edid file in the /lib/firmware directory

run "sudo update-grub", reboot, and you're done.