[mythtv-users] mythfrontend lip sync problems?

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 13:19:22 UTC 2020

I have never had lip sync problems with mythfrontend until now. The reason
seems to be my FireTV Cube.

I do NOT have lip sync problems with mythfrontend on RPI4, FireTV 4K Stick,
Ubuntu PC, or Shield TV.

On all my Android devices, including the Cube I don't have problems with
lip sync on Leanfront or Kodi 18.8.

On the FireTV Cube only I have to edit the Audio Lip Sync to -400ms so the
picture and audio match.  Some days it's -200ms.  Since I've never
experienced this before, I'm wondering what could be the problem?  Luckily,
I can adjust to fix it, but it makes me think the Cube isn't so good.

Is lip sync a common problem or is it just me and my Cube?

Jim A