[mythtv-users] mythtv setup can't talk to mysql/mariadb

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Oct 13 06:24:31 UTC 2020

On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 18:50:15 +0000 (UTC), you wrote:

>From: Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz>
>
>> I have to say I am surprised at all the troubles you have been having
>> with Ubuntu 20.04.  I installed Ubuntu 20.04 in a VirtualBox virtual
>> machine using network tuners when it first came out and it worked fine
>Mine was an upgrade from 18.04...that sounds like you installed onto 20.04 directly?

Yes, it was a new install of 20.04.  I am just at the point of wanting
to do my 18.04 to 20.04 upgrades now that the LTS to LTS upgrade path
is finally available.  I have four systems to upgrade, so I am hoping
not to meet too many problems along the way as three of those are
operating 24/7 and only have a few hours available on any day to do an
upgrade.