[mythtv-users] Metadata is generic in v31

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Wed Oct 7 14:41:16 UTC 2020

On 06/10/2020 21:31, Roland Ernst wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 26, 2020 at 5:46 PM Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net
> <mailto:lists at glidos.net>> wrote:
>

>     I was wrong on both accounts, but I have a partial fix now. This pull
>     request restores the thumbnail and artwork download from ttvdb when
>     manually searching from the Info menu:
>     https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/235
>

> I have pushed this pull request and the issue
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues/248
> now on master.
> This should fix the regression warpme raised, too.
> ( https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13518 )
>
> If you are able to test on the current master, early feedback is welcome.
>
> Additional notes: In automatic mode, I've added an experimental setting,
> which is worth to dry : "EXPERIMENTAL_METADATA_GRAB"
> Just export this setting and run "Update all details" in mythfronend.
>
> Thanks to everyone supporting this issue.

Great, thanks Roland.

I rebased the commits onto fixes/31 and have my frontend running with
them now. Series seem to be working fine. I still see some problems with
movies (e.g., Interstellar and Joker). A list of matches is shown, withe
the first being the correct one, but selecting it does nothing. I can go
back to edit, and I find that not even the tmdb id has been filled in.
It may be specific to just a few particular films.