[mythtv-users] Nvidia ION => NUC - good idea?

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Thu Oct 1 11:25:08 UTC 2020

I've been using an old zbox as frontend for years now. It has worked
really well, especially where it matters: video playback is perfect,
interlaced or not, whatever the frame rate, with the TV always set
correctly. Where it lacks a bit is in boot speed and a bit of lag in the
menus but I don't find that hugely important. What is more of a problem
is that I'm more frequently these days wishing to play HEVC encoded
content and it just can't handle that at all: presumably because of the
GT 610 graphics chip. So I'm considering moving to NUC. Is that a good
idea? If so, any recommendations for which to choose?