[mythtv-users] Editing SD lineups

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 00:08:49 UTC 2020

On 11/25/20 5:54 PM, David Engel wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2020 at 01:54:14PM -0800, DaveD wrote:
>> If I edit my lineup on Schedules Direct, do those changes take a while to go
>> into effect, or can I run mythfilldatabase as soon as I hit the "Save"
>> button?  I'm not seeing any change in my channels.  Do I have to wait a day
>> or so?  Seems I've had this problem before and changes eventually took.
>>
>> I ran "mythfilldatabase --sourceid 4 --do-channel-updates".  Am I having one
>> of my usual misconceptions?
>
> Perhaps.  Are you using one of the xmltv grabbers or are you using the
> okd, DataDirect grabber on an older MythTV?  I'm pretty sure editing
> lineups on Schedules Direct's web site only affects the DataDirect
> grabber.
>
> David

In fact, logged in to SD, the following appears:

  Schedules Direct offers two data services. With the newer SD-JSON service, lineups are managed
  within the application. The legacy SD-DD (XML) service requires you add a lineup below.

I've 'unselected' all my channels at SD, just to further prove the
point (and I still get listings via SD-JSON). Someday, I'll just
delete the lineups completely - baby steps.

--
Bill