[mythtv-users] Ver 31 frontend cannot connect to the database

Mike Carron jmcarron at gmx.com
Tue Nov 24 00:57:05 UTC 2020

On 11/23/20 7:13 AM, Bill Meek wrote:

    snip

    At least my /etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/50-server.cnf, appears to
    be one that would be released by a package manager and changes to
    it could be overwritten by updates/upgrades.

    I'd move the mythtv.cnf file to /etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d to
    prevent future surprises.

I've gone over everything and I have to conclude that port 3306 on the
backend being closed is the culprit. Since mythfrontend wants to use
port 3306 to communicate with the backend I'm not going to get anywhere
until port 3306 is opened. Unfortunately I do not know how to do that.

How do I open port 3306?

mike