[mythtv-users] mythbackend Start-up issue - possible race with dvb device firmware loading

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 17:21:38 UTC 2020

> On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 16:13:49 +0000, you wrote:

> If it really was recording normally from that tuner during all those
> messages, then they must be just an oddity of how its drivers work.
> But I would recommend playing that recording to make sure it is OK -
> those messages really do look like hardware problems.

Hi Stephen:  Thanks for your thoughts on this.  The dmesg  stuff is the
only indication I have that something may have changed.  That recording
is fine (PBS America +1, channel 93, h264 544x576) and the failures to
lock that I mentioned earlier might have been weather-related, although
the TV had no problem then.  I'll see how things progress.

John P