[mythtv-users] mythbackend Start-up issue - possible race with dvb device firmware loading

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 10:40:32 UTC 2020

On 18/11/2020 09:46, David Watkins wrote:
> A bit more googling suggests it may be the backend testing the card
> which is triggering the firmware load, in which case I'm back to square
> one with trying to identify the problem.
>
> I'll try increasing the timeouts on the card to see if that helps.

I start myth manually.  On my  MythTV master/Fedora 32 box I have
recently noticed a pause, and sometimes a hang, between the setting of
delivery systems for DVB-T and DVB-T2.  On quitting and restarting after
a hang everything seems to work as normal.

On seeing your post I ran 'dmesg | grep firmware' - and got screensful
of reports of downloads for si5128.  Usually, IIRC, it's done on boot;
now it appears to be happening in short bursts at around 200 s intervals...

John P