[mythtv-users] HDHR failing

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Fri Nov 13 05:32:07 UTC 2020

> On 13 Nov 2020, at 9:16 am, DryHeat122 <dryheat122 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> My HDHR suddenly stopped working on Myth. It is not the startup race condition problem, because I have applied Stephen's fix and restarting the backend doesn't help.  Setup does not show an IP address for the HDHR as it should according to the screenshot in the wiki.  The HDHR works on other devices.  How to troubleshoot?

Hi my input is general, not specific ...

If other devices work the device is working.
If you cannot see an ip ... then any of the following may apply
* The HDHR is not on the same network
* Your backend has a firewall that prevents the HDHR being seen
* Your backend has faulty network hardware
* You have configured your HDHR to another network to your backend

Start with ping and nmap. Post more info to help anyone who is trying to help.
Your current post is "something is wrong somewhere. please help" <smile>

James