[mythtv-users] Too much?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Nov 4 15:31:36 UTC 2020

On Wed, 4 Nov 2020 08:10:11 -0500 (EST), you wrote:

>ooops,
>
>Didn't reply to the list,
>
>Doug

>Yes,
>
>When Intel chips overheat, the ramp down on CPU speeds, when AMD overheats, they cut power.
>
>Doug

Yes, I have had that happen on my mother's old MythTV motherboard
recently.  It needed the CPU fan cleaned.  I find that with my AMD
processors I need to clean the CPU fan at least every six months,
otherwise the fan noise becomes nasty as it ramps up to try to cool
the CPU.  When the CPU overheats, the entire PC shuts down instantly.