[mythtv-users] new PC build that's MythTV compatible

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 03:03:20 UTC 2020

> > Thirded. I know you said you want to run apps other than MythTV, but FYI
> I just bought a new Chromecast With Google TV and it runs MythTV
> Mythfrontend app and the Leanfront app fine. FYI for anyone else installing
> Mythfrontend, you need the 32 bit APK file.
>
> Interesting. How hard is it to get the frontend or lean front app
> installed on the chrome cast with google tv?
>
> Does this device also do Amazon prime video as well?

It's very simple to install apps from the Google Play Store. If they're not
in the Play Store, do this:

   1. Install Solid Explorer from the Play Store.
   2. Configure it to access your Google Drive.
   3. On a different device, download the APK and save it to your Google
   Drive.
   4. Navigate to the APK in Solid Explorer and install it.

The device supports wherever services have Play Store apps. Amazon Prime
should therefore be OK, though I haven't tried it myself.