[mythtv-users] Keyboard not working using EGLFS

Will ml at familyrussell.me.uk
Sun May 31 17:41:45 UTC 2020

Hi all,

Been using Myth for over 15 years, but I have to admit I'm only average
with Linux.

I have an AMD E-450 based system (Acer Revo) that I've recently set up as a
frontend using Ubuntu 20.04 and the packages at the Mythbuntu PPA.

Mythfrontend seems to run mostly fine from within the Ubuntu GUI, but it's
very slightly stuttery at times. I wondered if running it outside of X
using EGLFS might help with that.

I've (temporarily) changed to a commandline based shell using 'sudo init
3', then tried opening myth using:

QT_QPA_PLATFORM="eglfs" QT_QPA_EGLFS_KMS_CONFIG=/home/myth/revo_qt.json
mythfrontend

I previously created the json file to get a display working.

The issue I still have is that by launching using EGLFS I can't control
Myth at all - either via keyboard or (kernel-based) IR. Mythfrontend hasn't
frozen as the clock updates.

Anyone with knowledge of EGLFS able to offer any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Will