[mythtv-users] Conflict between mythtv-libs and mythffmpeg packages on Fedora

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sun May 31 11:31:31 UTC 2020

On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 1:52 AM Jake <mythmail at runbox.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Today I tried to upgrade my Fedora 30 Media PC to Fedora 31. However for
> reasons I don't understand the transaction test fails due to:
> "
> Error: Transaction test error:
>    file /usr/lib64/libmythavutil.so.56 conflicts between attempted
> installs of mythtv-libs-30.0-12.20190904git5cde0578d8.fc31.x86_64 and
> mythffmpeg-31.0-1.fc31.x86_64
> "

Updates are in testing. You can wait until they hit stable or you can try
enabling the testing repos during the upgrade, just be careful, other
packages from testing could potentially be pulled into the update.

Why do two different packages supply the same file?

Oversight. Usually rpmbuild does a good job of letting you know when you've
accidentally packaged a file twice, but it didn't catch this one. I'm not
sure when it got added though. I had no issues upgrading back when f31 was
first released.

Thanks,
Richard