[mythtv-users] Conflict between mythtv-libs and mythffmpeg packages on Fedora

Jake mythmail at runbox.com
Sun May 31 07:11:09 UTC 2020

On 31/5/20 4:51 pm, Jake wrote:

> Today I tried to upgrade my Fedora 30 Media PC to Fedora 31. However
> for reasons I don't understand the transaction test fails due to:
> "
> Error: Transaction test error:
>   file /usr/lib64/libmythavutil.so.56 conflicts between attempted
> installs of mythtv-libs-30.0-12.20190904git5cde0578d8.fc31.x86_64 and
> mythffmpeg-31.0-1.fc31.x86_64
> "
>
> Why do two different packages supply the same file?
>
> Anyway, I've tried removing either of the two packages (rpm -e
> <package> --nodeps) but the upgrade still fails due to that error.
> For some reason Fedora keeps wanting to install mythtv-libs-30 not
> mythtv-libs-31

I've managed to get through the 'dnf system-upgrade download' step by
forcibly excluding 'mythffmpeg-31*' but I'm not feeling confident about
doing the upgrade!  Any advice please?

Also why is the one library coming from two packages - that seems like
something which could cause problems again in future.

Full command which worked: 'sudo dnf system-upgrade download
--releasever=31 --exclude mythffmpeg-31*'

Jake