[mythtv-users] Conflict between mythtv-libs and mythffmpeg packages on Fedora

Jake mythmail at runbox.com
Sun May 31 06:51:38 UTC 2020

Hi,

Today I tried to upgrade my Fedora 30 Media PC to Fedora 31. However for
reasons I don't understand the transaction test fails due to:
"
Error: Transaction test error:
   file /usr/lib64/libmythavutil.so.56 conflicts between attempted
installs of mythtv-libs-30.0-12.20190904git5cde0578d8.fc31.x86_64 and
mythffmpeg-31.0-1.fc31.x86_64
"

Why do two different packages supply the same file?

Anyway, I've tried removing either of the two packages (rpm -e <package>
--nodeps) but the upgrade still fails due to that error.  For some
reason Fedora keeps wanting to install mythtv-libs-30 not mythtv-libs-31

Can anyone please help me unpick this problem?

Thanks very much in advance!

Jake