[mythtv-users] metadata lookup, movies with year in filename

Ryan Patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Tue May 26 23:52:27 UTC 2020

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 10:45 AM Paul Harrison <mythtv at mythqml.net> wrote:

> On 25/05/2020 15:01, Ryan Patterson wrote:
>

> On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 7:00 PM Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hoi Ryan,
>>
>> Sunday, May 24, 2020, 2:17:03 PM, you wrote:
>>
>> > Thanks for the replies.  I'll go back to my old naming convention.
>>

>> I was just now on themoviedb.org and there they suggest:
>> 'A Simple Plan y:1998.mkv'
>>

> It was worth a try.  But that nomenclature didn't work either.
>
> -Ryan
>

> See recent discussion about this here :-
>
> https://lists.gt.net/mythtv/users/631703?search_string=metadata;#631703
>

> Someone needs to take the time to test the pull request to see if it fixes
> the problem and report back if it improves things.
>

> If you are too lazy to patch the file yourself just get the patched
> version from my fork here :-
>

> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/paul-h/mythtv/master/mythtv/programs/scripts/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py
>
> Just copy it over your existing tmdb3.py file probably in
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/
>
> The patched version should work with both 'A Simple Plan 1998' and 'A
> Simple Plan (1998)' but it needs someone to spend the time to test
> different combinations to see what actually works and what doesn't.
>
> Paul H.

Thanks.  Using the patched tmdb.py I got the following results...
'A Simple Plan (1998)' :: Multiple results returned from different years.
Mythvideo prompts user to select.
'A Simple Plan 1998' :: Single (correct) result returned.  No prompt from
mythvideo.

I will do some more tests with other files and report back.