[mythtv-users] Tips to help with debugging Mythtv Leanfront

OpenMedia Support support at openmedia.co.nz
Tue May 26 21:32:16 UTC 2020

> On 5/26/20 2:28 AM, OpenMedia Support wrote:
>>> Just trying out leanfront-v0-143-gf3a3ff1.apk on my FireStick and I've
>>> got
>>> a number of stability issues.
>>>
>>> Peter - any chance you can add a debugging guide with some sample "adb"
>>> commands to your documentation at
>>> https://github.com/bennettpeter/android-MythTV-Leanfront.
>>>
>>> Older MPEG-2 DVB-S records appear to be OK.
>>>
>>> My issues appear to be with recent MP4 based IPTV recordings.
>> Digging back through the email list the best tip I've found is
>>
>> adb logcat lfe:D *:S |& tee android.log
>>

>> I'm playing a stream that is still recording, and playback exists while
>> the recording is still continuing - The only log output I can see is.
>>
>> I/lfe     (16494): PlaybackFragment Initializing Player for 1 News At
>> 6pm
>> http://192.168.0.17:6544/Content/GetFile?StorageGroup=Default&FileName=/10901_20200526055700.ts
>> I/lfe     (16494): PlaybackFragment Playing offset mSec:0
>> I/lfe     (16494): PlaybackFragment File Length changed from -1 to
>> 291818300
>> I/lfe     (16494): PlaybackFragment Playing offset mSec:0
>> I/lfe     (16494): PlaybackFragment File Length changed from -1 to
>> 296669452
>>

>> And again a second playback attempt  - same issue.
>>
>> I/lfe     (16719): PlaybackFragment Initializing Player for 1 News At
>> 6pm
>> http://192.168.0.17:6544/Content/GetFile?StorageGroup=Default&FileName=/10901_20200526055700.ts
>> I/lfe     (16719): PlaybackFragment Playing offset mSec:0
>> I/lfe     (16719): PlaybackFragment File Length changed from -1 to
>> 321399536
>> I/lfe     (16719): PlaybackFragment Playing offset mSec:0
>> I/lfe     (16719): PlaybackFragment File Length changed from -1 to
>> 32399656
>>
> Is this only happening when you have forwarded until you are close to
> watching the recording real-time ( you are near the point where
> recording is being written)?
>
> When it stops if you press enter to see the OSD what does the elapsed
> time say? (It may say something like 12:00 / 12:15 or it may say
> something like 12:55 / -- or even -- / --).
>
> When it reaches what may be the end of the recording, it retries for 5
> seconds and if there is no further increase in file size it stops.
> Possibly your recording is being written in buffers of more than 5
> seconds, so that it detects no increase. If so, I could increase the
> time for retries to see if that helps.

I'm probably within 5-10 seconds of live and the payback starts to
stutter. Then it pauses and eventually exits. When I re-start it picks up
the bookmark and comes back in at the correct spot most of the time.

This usually affects me when I'm watching the 6pm news and I start to
catch up as I skip thru the ads