[mythtv-users] movie grabber

jam jam at tigger.ws
Sun May 24 05:15:11 UTC 2020

> On 22 May 2020, at 6:43 am, John Hoyt <john.hoyt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I don't think the OSX frontend is finding the grabbers.
>
> Any one can help ?
> James
>
> The MacOS app I built probabaly won't find anyhing outside of the bundled application (beyond stuff stored in the user's .mythtv directory).  This is partly due the runprefix being set to "../Resources" so that the application would be portable to other macs.
>
> ...you could try copying the missing bits into the app bundle.  In all likelihood, this will spake another round of copy in and make the bundle aware of the missing dylibs for any of the copied in applications.

John I copied the (python) grabbers into the bundle. (/Applications/mythfrontend.app/Contents/Resources/shared/mythtv/metadata/[Movie|Telivision]/grabber-whatever-the-name.py)
The app does NOT find them.
I do not understand the whole concept. (just a glimer of light)
I have a frontend on catelina, on high sierra. They work and I can build.
I grab meta data from a (linux) frontend in a VM.
I guess it is time to stop worring-fussing - so just a general thank-you

James