[mythtv-users] metadata lookup, movies with year in filename

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sat May 23 01:04:00 UTC 2020

Hoi Michael,

Friday, May 22, 2020, 11:44:48 PM, you wrote:

> On 5/22/20 2:25 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>> Hoi Ryan,
>>
>> Friday, May 22, 2020, 4:54:33 PM, you wrote:
>> I think you should put the year in between brackets:
>> 'A Simple Plan (1998).mkv'
>>

> Unfortunately, that is not what the naming guide suggests:
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythVideo_File_Parsing

> I have spent considerable time trying to make it work the way it is supposed to for mythtv.

> Putting the date in ()s is the standard for most other tools like
> plex though.    If you put it in parans, mythtv ignores the date.
> If you add the date per the guide, it doesn't strip it when querying
> for metadata and you won't find the movie.   Either way it doesn't
> really work correctly or as expected.

> Michael

With series that works for me in MythVideo, but it could be a
difference between the ttvdb lookupscript and the imdb lookupscript.
It could be a bug in the imdb lookupscript where the parentheses are
excluded of the name before a search is done.
If I find time I might checkout the python script.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop