[mythtv-users] rpi4 HD playback profile

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Thu May 21 12:10:20 UTC 2020

 ---- On Mon, 18 May 2020 11:02:30 +0100 Tim Draper <veehexx at zoho.com> wrote ----
 > I'm currently using software decoding (rather than v4l2) for 1080i content which has so far made TV source playback perfect. no jitter etc and that includes no overclocking and using ondemand govenor.
 > Yet to try high bitrate 1080p content for more than a few minutes but a random 1080p also working perfectly smooth.

might've been a bit quick to say it's perfect, but it's 95% better. still seeing very slight jumpyness. seems to come and go every few seconds so i'm wondering if it's some sort of fps&refresh rate issue. should get my 2nd rpi4 order today so will spend some time using that to see if i can find a solution. number of ideas but i'm so far away from the setup info in the wiki that i'm going to disreguard any sugestions there and find my own way to deploy to see whats needed.
I'm not finding any playback info useful yet (temps, hw usage, OSDDEBUG output), but havent ran mythfrontend with any playback verboseness to see if that shows anything or tried overclocking the rpi4 which i doubt will help.
seems to be a lot of thought in rpi forums to sugest video playback is a long outstanding bug but no real info on why, when it might be fixed or even acceptance it's an issue.