[mythtv-users] mythfrontend keybindings

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon May 18 15:42:50 UTC 2020

On Mon, 18 May 2020 10:29:05 -0400, you wrote:

>I'm pretty sure my remote's pause/play button is being trapped by the
>Desktop environment because I can define another unused remote button to
>the TV Playback 'pause' function in Edit Keys and that works.
>
>I could always put stickers on the remote buttons LOL

If p was being trapped by the desktop, that would be very unusual.
Desktops almost always use Alt- or Ctrl-Alt- keys for hotkeys.  And if
you do p on the desktop, you would hope that you would see something
happen as a result.  I am still on Xubuntu 18.04 and there in the
Setttings > Window Manager > Keyboard tab I can not see any single
alphabetic keystrokes, and no p key.  For the obvious reason that if
you wanted to type p into a field in a program, you really do not want
it grabbed by the desktop before it gets there.

What sort of remote is it?  How does it interface with the system?
Does it have any testing software?  Is lirc running and grabbing
keystrokes from the remote somehow?