[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu Theme - fix required (solution within)

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Sun May 17 08:45:35 UTC 2020

I've had this issue on my Shield with v30, but now i'm seeing it on all my v31 FE's too which has made it a whole lot easier to debug.

In Videos, there is no gallery-view text for each video - it's like the text is #000000 as you can see gaps in the horizontal lines for 'decender' letters (p,q,j,y etc), however turns out it's an outline colour issue.

First up, i'm not a themer. While I've tried i simply don't have the time to create my own or spend excessive time adapting an existing (i'd love to see mythAeon & Readability themes back working,so maybe this is the start of a slippery slope...). The problem with Mythbuntu is within base.xml, starting at line 61:

<fontdef name="basesmallblackoutline" from="basesmall">

 <color>#bcbcbc</color>

 <outlinecolor>#000000</outlinecolor>

 <outlinesize>4</outlinesize>

 </fontdef>

Specifically the <outlinecolor> and <outlinesize> (line 63&64) need to be removed. Not sure what changed to make the outline break things as git shows the latest commit in 2018, but this fixes the videos menu UI.

Clearly the outline is so intense that it just hiding #bcbcbc and i found the only way to make it look right is to remove outline tags completely.

I'm happy to re-learn git and submit a fix, i guess i'm seeking confirmation that this is a proper solution from the wiser amongst us... it appears to work and none of the common  areas i'm using in the GUI appear to be negatively affected...

Next up is to add the new deinterlacer info to the OSDDEBUG....