[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi 4 FrontEnd Remote Control Issues

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Sat May 16 16:37:33 UTC 2020

Hi Stephen!

> I would not declare success with just the arrow keys working, but it
> is definitely a good start.  It is probably better not to tweak Edit
> Keys but rather to edit the $HOME/.lirc/mythtv file.  That way you can
> just copy that file to the other MythTV boxes.  When you use Edit
> Keys, you are also changing what the keyboard keystrokes are. Altering
> the $HOME/.lirc/mythtv file only affects the remotes.

Follow-up to this – a bit of editing to the /.lirc/mythtv file and got
the basic functions to work; had to make a few concessions as don’t have
101 keys to play with like on a keyboard, plus preferring to use the
semi-basic remote that came with the TV just so nothing extra on the
counter. (Could use a programmable remote.…)

At this point have the Seiki TV’s remote able to control play/pause,
delete, bookmark, closed captioning, information as desired; the Fast
Forward and Rewind functions – acceptable. Probably assign another key
other than the arrow keys as they work properly for everything else
(menu selection, etc.).

Only thing I haven’t figured out is how to get MythFrontend started from
the remote (!). Maybe load-at-boot. (Hint?!)

Barry