[mythtv-users] Posts from digest subscribers

Jay Harbeston jharbestonus at gmail.com
Sat May 16 12:00:41 UTC 2020

To all those who use digest and want to interact with messages.

> On May 16, 2020, at 3:51 AM, Jan Ceuleers <jan.ceuleers at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear list server admins and fellow subscribers,
>
> Recently there has been an increase in posts from subscribers who
> subscribe to the digest version, resulting in fragmented discussions
> across multiple threads (since the Message-ID being replied to by a
> digest subscriber isn't the same as that of the original message), as
> well as uninformative subjects in those orphan threads.
>
> I wonder what the best solution to this problem is:
>
> - Should we ask digest subscribers to voluntarily refrain from
> participating in discussions?
>
> - Should the list be reconfigured to not accept submissions from digest
> subscribers?
>
> - Should we simply put up with the status quo?

I used to subscribe to the digest, and would stop the digest if I found a topic of interest I would turn of digest mode, and wait for a refresh’s to bring new messages from the thread to reply to.

I no longer do the digest since there aren’t that many messages per day to see individually.

Regards,

Jay