[mythtv-users] mythtv frontend v31 on OSX High-Sierra 10.13.6

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Fri May 15 23:20:37 UTC 2020

> On May 15, 2020, at 3:50 PM, John Hoyt <john.hoyt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I got it compiled and working on my system.  The app works on both High Sierra and Catalina.  High Sierra has what I'd expect for playback.  Catalina behaves the same (i.e. only plays in a quarter of the screen for 480p videos).  I suspect there's a bug hidden in modern VideoToolbox versions.
>
> I've uploaded the file here and will be updating the forum and wiki posts soon:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mythtvformacosx/files/MythFrontend-31-intel-10.13.4-v31.0-40-gce23a0225fv31.dmg/download <https://sourceforge.net/projects/mythtvformacosx/files/MythFrontend-31-intel-10.13.4-v31.0-40-gce23a0225fv31.dmg/download>
>
> I will also be removing the files from my dropbox account.

I downloaded mythfrontend v31 for High Sierra and have it working. A small lipsync issue, but not much else wrong.  I have a questions about installing as an app so it can be put in the Dock.  To launch it now I have to open the .dmg and then click on the mythfrontend icon.

Any way to just have an icon in applications?

Jim A