[mythtv-users] Prioritize one capture card

DryHeat122 . dryheat122 at gmail.com
Thu May 14 18:54:47 UTC 2020

I could swear I posted this question here before some time ago, but I can't
find it in my sent mail or through a search of the list.  So maybe it was
just a dream.

I have both a HDPVR (capturing cable) and a HDHR Connect Duo for OTA. The
HDPVR is more reliable because of occasional signal problems on the HDHR.
Basically I'd like to set things up so every recording uses the HDPVR if it
is available (i.e there is no conflict) and go to the HDHR if it is not
(and the channel is available OTA).

Is there a way to set up the recording rules to do what I want?  For
example, can I say "record all showings" then edit the recording rule to
prefer the HDPVR?  It seems like if I do this, then it might record the SD
channel instead of the HD channel.  But if I say "record all showings this
channel" for the HD channel, it will not change out to the HDHR if
necessary.