[mythtv-users] mythtv frontend v31 on OSX High-Sierra 10.13.6

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Thu May 14 11:48:19 UTC 2020

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 7:27 AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have an early 2011 Macbook Pro and used to run mythfrontend on it back
> awhile ago.
>
> I’ve seen a bunch of discussion on this lists about work being done
> related to v31. I don’t follow much of this discussion. Since I don’t
> develop code on my Mac; it’s just a tool to me.
>
> So my question is: At this point or in the near future, is it possible to
> run mythtv-frontend v31 on OS X High Sierra 10.13.6?
>
> Jim A

It should be.  The current issue is that the only successful effort to get
v31 to compile is on Catalina - 10.15.4.  This means you can only compile
on Catalina with Xcode 11 or higher.  MacOS Xcode support for High Sierra
was deprecated in Xcode 11.

If someone who has access to a Mojave or High Sierra system could work
through the macports based install script (any any new legacy system
related issues) I've posted at the following link, they should be able to
compile with Xcode 10.

https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3800

I don't have access to a Mojave and High Sierra system myself.  In theory,
someone could probably install one of those in a VM and work through the
compile issues...

~John