[mythtv-users] Nvida card choice for mythtv and gaming

BP lists at qucae.com
Tue May 12 19:58:51 UTC 2020

On 5/12/20 11:44 AM, Jim Abernathy wrote:

> And where do I find the Mate settings your were talking about??
>
> Jim A

I don't remember everything I eventually did.  Lots of memories of
editing config files trying to make Xfce work muddying my recollection.
Nothing obvious in my .bash_history either.

I know my xorg.conf is set to only use the display mode
(resolution/refresh freq) I wanted.  For Mate, I might have only used
the Preferences > Display app to set it and it worked right that easily.
  I do have a ~/.config/monitors.xml file which has the desired setting
in it and I know Mate does use that file.  A quick google search implies
that the Mate display settings app will create it.

The only reason I went with Mate is because I hate Unity and Gnome3 and
it's what I generally use in my Ubuntu virtual machines since it works
well without hardware acceleration.  If there's something you're used to
using other than Xfce I'd just test using the window manager's display
setting, then unplugging the monitor and plugging it back in to see if
it resets.