Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Tue May 12 13:55:23 UTC 2020

> On May 12, 2020, at 7:37 AM, jam at tigger.ws <jameslinder0 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Unfortunately this new frontend won't work on High Sierra on my (very) old iMac:
>
> John no rest for the weary! but if (and I tried, and my compile failss) you were able to build a high sierra app that would be highly appreciated.

John has already done most of the heavy lifting.  Maybe _someone_ wants a High Sierra build, who has a High Sierra machine, could use John’s process to make a High Sierra version.

Hint:  Qt5 is a problem.  John is using a very recent Qt5 version that, I believe, only works on macOS 10.14 and 10.15.  The Qt5 releases for the last few years all are similarly restricted to the then-current OS versions.  Which is, of course, ‘just delightful’ from a packager’s perspective.

Craig