[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi 4 FrontEnd Remote Control Issues

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Sun May 10 19:16:40 UTC 2020

Hi Stephen!

> If irw is working, you are a long way down the path of getting it
> going.  The next thing to do is to run irw and try every key on the
> remote and make sure that they are all recognised.

Appears to be working to this point: /irw/ responded to all of the
remote's keys with the exception of (meaning these keys do not give a
response):

Return to previous channel (the one with the two arrows in a loop)
Information
Auto
V.Chip
Aspect
Add/Erase

Not sure those keys are needed in MythTV except perhaps as a shortcut –
that’s advanced! Did find “Fav -” responds “KEY_ENTER” while “OK”
responds “KEY_OK”.

> root at mypvr:/home/stephen# cat .lircrc

Found a problem here!  No such file!    Looked (with /find/) and appears
not hiding elsewhere.  I'm using Raspbian Buster on the RPi vs. Ubuntu
but don't think that's the problem;  the problem is the file wasn't
generated.  Will see if I can figure out, though of course your help is
appreciated!   ...Quick check using the show hidden files option in the
GUI for Files and no /home/pi/.lirc either.

TAI!

Barry