[mythtv-users] IR Blaster with Spectrum STB

Tom Bishop bishoptf at gmail.com
Thu May 7 03:34:46 UTC 2020

On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 10:15 PM David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:

> On Wed, May 06, 2020 at 06:03:42PM -0500, mythtv wrote:
> > On 5/6/20 11:22 AM, Tom Bishop wrote:
> > >

> > >     Or you could take the easy route and get a hdhomerun prime unit and
> > >     get a cable card. I have 2 prime units working on Spectrum, they do
> > >     charge me $2 per month per card but I have no cable box to mess
> > >     with. Just an additional thought....
> > >
> > If I'm reading the wiki correctly, the HDHR Prime will not allow me to
> > record any non-copy-freely shows? Is that correct?
>
> That is correct and you'll likely find that most of your channels on
> Spectrum are not copy-freely.
>
> David
> --
> David Engel
> david at istwok.net
>
> I think that depends on your location, most if not all of the original
Charter locations are copy freely except for the premium channels, HBO
etc.  I have been running 2 prime units on Charter/Spectrum on basic and
all of the channels are copy freely for years now Charter bought Time
Warner when they became Spectrum and I think the original Time Warner areas
were not copy freely so it depends on the market you are in.