[mythtv-users] Debugging mythexternrecorder - any guidance?

OpenMedia Support support at openmedia.co.nz
Wed May 6 07:09:36 UTC 2020

> On Sat, May 2, 2020 at 11:46 PM OpenMedia Support
> <support at openmedia.co.nz>
> wrote:
>
>> I'm still having issues with some local IPTV feeds with the FreeBox tuner
>> so I want to try youtube-dl or vlc with mythexternrecorder.
>>
>> Any tips on how to debug the external recorder as my channel scan is
failing for both VLC and youtube-dl configurations

>> vlc-nz.conf
>>
>> [RECORDER]
>> # The recorder command to execute.  %URL% is optional, and
>> # will be replaced with the channel's "URL" as defined in the
>> # [TUNER/channels] (channel conf) configuration file
>> #
>> # %LOGGING% will be replaced with mythtv logging params. For example: #
--verbose general,channel,record --logpath /var/log/mythtv --loglevel
info --quiet

> Do you really have this "info --quiet" by itself on a line, or is that just
> a cut and paste error?  If it is really there in your conf file, that might
> cause it to not load properly.

That was just a wrap issue with the email posting.

> When you are scanning, the "Scan Type" is "Import from ExtneralRecorder"?

Yes I'm using that type of Import

> If you run mythtv-setup like:
>
> mythtv-setup -v chanscan:debug,channel:debug --logpath .

Ok I'll try that out

> You will end up with a log file in the current directory, with good
information in it.

> What version of MythTV are you running?  The "fixes/31" version has some
nice ExternalRecorder improvements in it, such as LiveTV channel changes
now work.

Yes I'm on a reasonably recent fixes/31 branch c/o Ubuntu's PPA