[mythtv-users] Can't connect to database

Damian myth at surr.co.uk
Mon May 4 13:34:27 UTC 2020

On 04/05/2020 03:01, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 5/3/20 3:56 PM, Damian wrote:
>> I replaced
>> #bind-address=0.0.0.0
>>
>> with
>> bind-address=::
>>
>> Restarted mysql (with sudo /etc/init.d/mysql restart)
>> And it worked!
>>
>> I assume that bind-address=:: is 'too open'?
>
> Agreed, but "it's only TV".

:-) OK. I'm such a novice that I don't know what is getting opened up
and what isn't. If it's just the TV, then it doesn't matter at all.

>> So, I tried
>> bind-address=127.0.0.1
>> but that didn't work.
>>
>> However,
>> bind-address=192.168.0.4
>> did work!
>>
>> Should I keep it like that?
>
> Yes, I try not to argue with success ;).

Agreed. I'll keep it as it is.

Does any of this indicate what the Xubuntu update must have changed Bill?

I'm delighted that MythTV is working again, but my SliMP3 and Squeeze
Player still can't connect to the Logitech Media Server.

I assume that the problem was caused by one thing (maybe a change in
/etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.cnf). Changing
/etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mythtv.cnf has fixed MythTV. Would you have any
idea how I can fix the Logitech server connection?

I know that's completely off topic, but you're my best lead Bill! :-)

Thanks again,
Damian