[mythtv-users] Debugging mythexternrecorder - any guidance?

OpenMedia Support support at openmedia.co.nz
Sun May 3 05:45:09 UTC 2020

I'm still having issues with some local IPTV feeds with the FreeBox tuner
so I want to try youtube-dl or vlc with mythexternrecorder.

Any tips on how to debug the external recorder as my channel scan is
failing for both VLC and youtube-dl configurations

vlc-nz.conf

[RECORDER]
# The recorder command to execute.  %URL% is optional, and
# will be replaced with the channel's "URL" as defined in the
# [TUNER/channels] (channel conf) configuration file
#
# %LOGGING% will be replaced with mythtv logging params. For example:
# --verbose general,channel,record --logpath /var/log/mythtv --loglevel
info --quiet
command="cvlc \"%URL%\" --sout \"#std{mux=ts,access=file,dst=-}\""

# Used in logging events, %ARG% are replaced from the channel info
#desc=cvlc \"%URL%\" \"%CHANNUM%\" \"%CHANNAME%\" \"%CALLSIGN%\"
desc=cvlc \"%CHANNAME%\"

[TUNER]
# An optional CONF file which provides channel details.  If it does not
# exist, then channel changes are not supported.
channels=vlc-nz-channels.conf

# If [TUNER/command] is provided, it will be executed to "tune" the
# channel. A %URL% parameter will be substituted with the "URL" as
# defined in the [TUNER/channels] configuration file
command=

# Timeout for changing channels in msecs
#timeout=

[SCANNER]
# When MythTV scans for channels, The contents of the [TUNER/channels]
# config file are used to populate MythTV's channel information.
# If a command is provided here, it will be executed first, so it can
# populate the [TUNER/channels] config file
#command=/home/myth/bin/scan.sh "%CHANCONF%"

# Timeout for scan command in msecs
#timeout=60000

vlc-nz-channels.conf

[1003]