[mythtv-users] Another issue w/ Mythfrontend v32 on the Nvidia Shield

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Fri May 1 09:18:54 UTC 2020

i found another few issues with the Shield build.

1) using the mythbuntu theme, the Videos menu area text is black which obviously blends into the background and makes text unreadable. my rpi's with same theme do not do this. I had this on v30 too; it's never displayed right on my 2019 shield pro since i bought it. theres another theme that does it too but cant remember which one. I'm currently using the arclight theme iirc (blue theme) which doesnt have the problem although my eyes much prefer the mythbuntu theme. i cant tell if this is a problem with 2 specific themes on certain hardware (colour pallette?) or a build-specific issue so not sure how to bug it properly.
2) the shield has a built in screensaver after X period - takes you to the picture-album-of-the-day with clock on it. Lets say you pause a mythtv recording, leave it long enough so screensaver kicks in, and when you return mythtv forgets where you paused and returns to the beginning of the recording. While it's easy to add a bookmark when you pause, if you forget then you end up having to manually seek back to where you paused. v30 didnt do this so specific to the v31 apk.

other than that, i'm finding very little show-stopping v31 issues. it feels reasonably well polished.